Sunday, July 1, 2012

One of those "worst mom ever" moments

Like it wasn't bad enough that Jack swallowed a fish hook when he was five and cost me five grand to fix (good thing my friends and family loved him because I had to borrow and pay it back over a long time), but now Redley went and swallowed a mango pit after I've only had him for two weeks. I put the pit in the garbage can and as I did, somewhere in my mind I said, "I should probably take the garbage out cuz it's kinda full and I don't want him to be tempted." But like an idiot, I didn't do it right that second. I decided it would be okay until I finished my lunch. I hadn't even sat down, all I did was walk into the other room to put my plate down and it was too late. Shit.

He's a big dog and he can pop a tennis ball in about five seconds so I'm hoping he at least broke it into a few parts before swallowing.  I can only hope. He pooped once since then, but obviously the concern is that he won't pass it on his own. He hasn't gone poop that we know of today but he did go out by himself several times so there's no way to be sure. I'm hoping we will have good news by tomorrow. I could just cry. I still hurt every day because I miss Jack so much. I can't take losing another any time soon, and Redley deserves better than me.

Unbelievable. Not sure I can sleep because of guilt, and because I'm so worried and upset. I'm such a dumbass....guess I'm in the dog house now.

No comments:

Post a Comment